Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tuxes maybe?

So after a month of friendly reminders, Todd is working on getting his groomsmen together to get fitted for tuxes this weekend...however, I am not holding my breath because they always have scheduling issues.






This is the tux that he likes, I am trying to gently persuade him to go for a tie instead whatever that is around the neck. So what have I been up to? Nothing! I have been so busy every weekend and during the week that I haven't worked on anything at all...in fact I am still trying wrap up some work right now and I am taking a break. I did have a conversation with my Aunt Silvia and she has been helping me find packaging options for the favors on the internet. As you know, I am doing packages of hot chocolate or tea. Here are some of the packaging options:




I am not exactly crazy about this one but it may look nice in white with Black lettering. They have cutter ones but those are above budget.

I am not sure how I feel about the envelope, I need to see it in person to make sure that it is not too chincy looking. I haven't seen anything else that I like...maybe I should have figured out the packaging first and then found a favor to fit in it...ladies take note!
My next big project is getting everything together to mail out the invitations. I just ordered directions from the Marriott today and I need to print out ones from the church and buy the stamps. I think I am going to do them the weekend of the 21st, I was going to do it next weekend but I want to go see Harry Potter and hang out with Mom dukes for her B-day.
I am also getting more serious in my research of a wedding band for DFH. I even ordered a plastic sizing tool from BlueNile to get his size!
Ok, I better get back to work so that I can have tomorrow to slack off...or maybe shop a bit before heading to see Transformers ;-)


7 comments:

vlagrl said...

Hooray a new blog post!

I'm very excited to see someone else is ready for the next Harry Potter movie! I'm not sure if you have read all the books as I have but if you haven't you should definitely read them. Of course they are much more in depth than the movies as all books to movies are.

Now on to being relative to the blog...I think I have seen grooms in tuxedo's like the one DFH likes. I don't remember it being awful.

I'm sort of confused about packaging. Are the ideas a mug with the tea or cocoa in it or in an envelope?

chinleti said...

Yo! Transformers is da ish!!!!! I saw it yesterday. Anywho, I think i like the mug idea, but then you would have to wrap that too for everything to stay inside. Question: What is your little flower girl gonna wear? Get on the ball. Time is a runnin'. I saw Bridezilla and got excited for you. Gotta go

NJDiva said...

Well the idea was to have hot chocolate or tea as an option but I dont want to just have it sitting out there on the table so I was trying to find a container for it...which is where the coffee mug or the envelope comes in. However, as Leticia pointed out, I would need to put the mug in something to hold it all together...I am so not crafty. As for the flower girl I was thinking an Ivory dress with a black band. I will dedicate a post to ideas for the children because you are right, we need to get on the ball!

NJDiva said...

oh, and transformers was the bomb...and the Kris' turkey burgers were off the hook...great 4th of JUly!

ChingDiva said...

I'm still waiting to see the Transformers, but that should be cool. So the 21st is when you're thinking of getting these invites out, I was getting concerned.

That's an ascot that guy is wearing, you know how much your DFH loves Jay-Z, who has been known to sport these around town, as well as Pharell, John Legend, Kanye and Diddy.

LadyEboDiva said...

Well we can get crafty with mug if you go for it...some color platics and and nice ribbon there u go...hehehehhe. Plus people will acually use it again.. u could put like a phrase you both like about love instead of the wedding date..i dont know just an idea.

I know nothing about a tux so im not gonna touch it if they look nice so be it.

Im not a Harry Potter person so I don't get it...hehehhe. Im more of a Transformer Lady...hehehehhe

Unknown said...

If I can help in anyway, just let me know. Although I'm far away in distance, I'm closer in heart. As for Todd and the tuxes, he know he needs to get on his j-o-b! :) I like the hot chocolate/tea idea.