Thursday, June 21, 2007

Update on Limo, invitations and everything else

So, I am back from Cancun and trying to get back on track. Cancun was fine, a nice break from everything and I got a tan. Can somebody tell me why we only have 3 months left? I am not panicking, just making an observation...

The florist that Leticia recommended is a go, ladies, we have flowers! I am going to go over there this weekend and sign a contract and put down the deposit. As for the other things on the to-do list:
  • Todd is in charge of getting the limos checked out so hopefully he will get it done by this weekend.
  • I am going to cajole Todd into going to the Tux shop on Saturday...anybody knows of any good tux shops?
  • I think I may have found some "Candle Shades" that we can use to create the centerpieces that will go on the tables with Candles: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/glcycash10in.html. I am going to order 4 of them so that we can do a trail run...this gonna be fun!
  • Invitations will be stuffed and in the mail by July 23rd. I already have two volunteers, I just need to figure out a date and time because its a bit involved.

So is it a good idea for me to schedule an get together for the Bridesmaids and the Groomsmen to meet before the wedding or is that overkill? Also, I am in the market for a headpiece...nothing to big so please feel free to post your suggestions. In fact, I am starting to develop quite the wedding shopping list:

  • Broom
  • 44 candle Shades & Candles
  • Some sort of creative place card arrangements
  • Gifts
  • Cheesy "bride-to-be" t-shirt
  • Guest Book
  • 3 dozen votives (will that be enough?)
  • Christmas white lights
  • Dried Branches
  • Vases for dried branches
  • Seat Covers
  • Fuscia Menus
  • Programs
  • Ring for the Groom

I am feeling pretty badly about not being able to invite my team right about now, but our collective offices amount to 40 people! Finally, I ordered my dress 12 weeks ago and still no word from the Bridal shop...would it be to paranoid of me to call and ask what is going on?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Target should be a good place to start looking for the vases or Home Goods, you may try Pier 1 (a little pricier), for candles try Walmart, white x-mas lights try the 99$ stores, dry branches at a rag shop or some type of craft store, there is one on route 1 & 9, ask Gilean or Shaquida they know the place. Call the briday shop, tell them you would like an update on your order and when should you expect your 1st fitting. For a southern broom you should ask Rebecca to look into that for you. Invitations you can come stuff them at my house with your voluntiers, I will help if you want to.

LadyEboDiva said...

I will Ditto Mommy on all that..hehehhe

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say Congratulations on your engagement, and I can't wait until Ocotber gets here!!! If you need any help with anything, just let me know.