Monday, July 9, 2007

Invitations, Tuxes and Out of town guests...

This weekend Todd and two of the groomsmen (the other 2 had questionable excuses) went to get fitted for the tuxes. The Groomsmen diced to wear all black with a Fuscia Tie, which is alright I guess. I wanted Todd to wear a black Tux with an Ivory, shirt and tie...sounds simple right? Well, when they brought the swatches out, Todd thought it looked bad and the lady in the story was saying that nobody ever gets that combination. Then she went on to suggest that he wear all Ivory with a Fuscia tie,which I am not too warm on. So I am going to have to research some more pictures to find something that will work. I was really trying to not be involved in the Tux affair....

I was running errands all weekend and I attended the K-Diva's baby shower so I didn't make much progress. However, I did start writing out the group rate information on the Hotel Directions card that the Marriott sent me. I also purchased the stamps so I should have everything ready by the weekend of the 21st. I will be going over to Kristen's at 6pm with some snacks on Saturday the 21st to do the invitations. Anybody who wants to come over and help just let me know, there will be plenty of work for everyone!

I was talking to my friend Kyra this weekend (she posts under the name "Kentucky" and I met her in Memphis) who raised a very valid point: What is there to do for the out of town people? I haven't given the out of town guests much thought up until this point but I guess I need to get a packet together with options for them. I am sure there is a bus from the Airport to New York if they want to go shopping and dinning. I didn't budget for a welcome basquet but I probably need to get some together...ok ladies, I am really going to need some help on this one!

As you can see I am updating the blog more frequently, the complaints about my tardiness have been duly noted ;-) I also called the bridal shop about my dress, nobody answered but I left a message.

2 comments:

chinleti said...

I really wish that I could help with the invitations, but the 21st is my weekend on. Will you be doing any invitations this sunday? I could help then. I don't get what you meant by the welcome baskets. Were you planning on giving ideas on whats to do around the time of the wedding, like that weekend?

P.S. You better track these people down about your dress. They are way overdo. And excuse my french, but that shit ain't professional.

LadyEboDiva said...

Ok ok...I remember you said that the tux was all Todd. You gotta let it be all Todd. If he doesn't like it you can't make him wear it. I don't think that the all black w/ fuschia tie is bad for the groomsmen. They will definitely match with the bridesmaids.

I don't know wbout Todd wearing all ivory w/ a fuschia tie...he might look like God...hehehhehe. Maybe it would look good with the Bride and groom in ivory with fuschia accents...hmmm we should draw teh bridal party and see...hehehhe