Monday, August 13, 2007

Status Update

Happy Monday Ladies. The fitting this weekend was uneventful which I guess is a good thing. I really need to practice just standing in those shoes more often though. I also went to IKEA where I spent three hours and did not find any centerpieces. I did find the dried branches and the vases to hold them.

So I am still not happy about the groomsmen tuxes. To refresh your memory, the ladies are wearing black dresses, gold shoes and carrying fuscia flowers. The men have decided to wear all black with a fuscia tie and Todd is wearing ivory (!?!). I e-mailed Ed(the only groomsmen who seems to have any interest at all in the wedding) to see if he would consider a different shirt and tie combination. But instead of being helpful, he goes back and tells Todd! He is so out of the circle of trust now, as if! Who would have thought that dressing the men would be such a nightmare?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL...I am so sorry for laughing, but you know men (or should by now). They are very simple.

ChingDiva said...

What color combo are you thinking now? It doesn't sound that bad to me, but then you were the one who said you'd stay out what they chose.

vlagrl said...

Ummm....don't be bridezilla girl! I'm not sure if DFH called one of your bridesmaids, well maybe not Ebo, they'd call you and be like girl your man's callin! I don't think its that bad. I think you should both go to some dept store, try on your colors and stand next to e/o. I think the group pix def work. (two people in white in the middle and the rest in black..)

adaobi said...

Hey girl...i'm working with Ed on this. i'm suggesting cream/ivory vest, shirt, and tie for the groomsmen (with a blk suit) and white vest, shirt, and tie for the groom.....whatcha think?...very debonaire..lol

chinleti said...

Gold shoes? What is the color theme for this wedding? I thought you were doing black, white, fuschia? Also, isn't Todd supposed to look different from the rest of the groomsmen? That is usually how it is. Plus, remember that although it is your dream day, it is his wedding also, so his ideas and wishes should be respected.