Thursday, August 2, 2007

Dress Watch

Just a quick post to let you ladies know that there is still no dress. I called Bridal Elegance again and they said that Pronovias is running late with everyone's dress not just mine but that they thing it will be in the Tuesday shipment. Pronovias really needs to get their act in order because the China manufacturers are at their heels!

I called another limo company and they have a 16 passenger navigator available that I am going to go see on Saturday. I am thinking about having the same limo take the groom's party and come back and get my parents, bridesmaids and I. Then after the ceremony, we can ride in the navigator with the wedding party and have a towncar pick-up the 'rent. How does that sound? The place that Todd visited last week had a stretch hummer but I feel more comfortable with a stretch navigator.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know times are hard, but I personally never seen or heard of one limo having to make 2 runs to get the bridal party to the wedding. The brida always have her limo and the groom have one (maybe a smaller/not so nice one), and for those who can afford it there would be one for the parents.

chinleti said...

Yeah that is true....And it would be alot of running around for the limo driver. Where are you planning to get dressed before the wedding?

vlagrl said...

Here's an idea...Todd really wants a nice ride for the day, right? Is it a big deal to you what you ride to the church in? I think you could have the navigator and a less expensive limo. Then decide who is riding in which to the church. After you are officially married you and the bridal party ride in the navigator and the family rides in the less expensive one.

adaobi said...

hmmm.....the point is to get there. Will anyone really notice if the limo does a back and forth? I guess the question is what can you afford? The stretch navigator is pretty roomy and luxurious...so getting there in luxury is accounted for...lol.

adaobi said...

oh...uhm...i think we may have to run up in bridal elegence with your contract demanding compensation for this gross inconvenience! I'm serious.