Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things that I have learned

After many years of thinking that my stomach was my worst feature I am now thinking that a) maybe it wasn't so bad and b) I am sure going to miss it; I will need to go to war with my body next spring to bring it back...you live and you learn. Speaking of learning, I have also learned that empire dresses are really not flattering on everyone (especially not me, fortunately my sheet dresses still fit) and that eating a burrito for lunch will not prevent me from being hungry again in 2-3 hours :-) It was worth the shot but I really did not get any extra mileage from a burrito than I do from my usual lean cuisine lunch. But aside from being hungry on a regular basis, I have no symptoms at all...I almost feel guilty to not have any horror stories because it sounds like like I am bragging when I say I am doing just fine.

In other news, my hospital hunt continues; I really don't like hospitals so I am trying to find the least traumatic option. We visited Mountainside Hospital on Sunday and it is not going to work so we are moving on to Overlook in Summit next week. My old doctor's office faxed my records over to my current doctor without any drama so I am going to send them a edible arrangement to thank them when I get paid. DH is away on a business trip so I get to go home and not cook and work on my other project: decorating part deux. I know, I know, I have been working on this forever...I am now meeting contractors to do the master bathroom, finish the stairs and tile the kitchen. After that is done, all I want is to get new appliances and maybe a new counter top but I am going to have to pay for those things all by my lonesome because DH sees no value in stainless steel or stone countertop :-/ Which leads to the other very important lesson that I have learned: don't ever, ever again commit to buying a house unless a) it is perfect and has everything I want or b) I actually have money in the bank to do everything I want. I have been watching HGTV since college and I blame them for making me do this!

5 comments:

vlagrl said...

Ha! Lean cuisine lunch. I wonder if I'm one of the only women that hasn't had one....

Keep on trucking with the renovations! It's your home, your married with a baby on the way. There's no reason not to invest. You can very well be there for a long time.

Is Chipolte any good?

LadyEboDiva said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL...so cocoa puffs it is...LOL!!!

I guessing empire may npt work b/c ur breast are already big to begin with, and they are already a bit fuller....hmmm we'll figure something out.

The battle with the house continues...LOL. The never ending saga.

NJDiva said...

I love Chipotle! It blows Qdoba and Wendy's out of the water because their ingredients are fresh. My favorite is the carnitas burritto with Pinto Beans, rice and mild salsa. The beauty of Chipotle used to be that I would be full until at least 8pm so it was a great fast food investment ;)

chinleti said...

I am Chipotle addict...I like the chicken burrito bowl...not as sloppy as the actual burrito...but good as hell and fills you up...there is one on Route 3 in Clifton..

ChingDiva said...

It's your house girl! You saw the potential to make it what you wanted it to be. Yeah Empire dresses are not for everyone, I don't own any. Chipotle is Awesome!

L, lean cuisine is so good!