Wednesday, September 9, 2009

10 Weeks Today!

I am very happy to make the 10 week milestone today because 1st trimester is almost over and hopefully the easy part begins. I have gained additional 1/2 lb bringing my grand total up to 2 lbs for the 1st trimester. I broke the news to my boss today and she was extremely supportive and excited. I told her that I am invested in my career and I would absolutely be coming back. I also told her that I do not want to be put on a "mommy track." She reassured me that she worked full time and worked on her MBA during her pregnancies so she is well aware of a woman's ability to do as much as she wants. I felt so relieved to see that I have a boss who totally get's it! I think that from now on I will just consult with her and not read the message boards...99% of the women want to be SAHM even if they work; i don't knock this if that is your dream but I need to hear from those who are bold and courageous enough to want it all...wuh-huh!

Ok, time for my 2nd afternoon snack.

3 comments:

vlagrl said...

Yay!!! I'm very happy to hear your boss is a modern woman BUT what in the hell is SAHM?! I know your not about to start speaking in mommy terms the non mommies don't understand....ya thats me giving you the screwface....j/k. I'm thinking, stay at home mom??

NJDiva said...

Ma bad son, my bad. You are correct, SAHM is stay at home mom. WOHM is a work outside the home mom. I have learned some of the lingo on the board but I will spare you by finding the board that are actually helpful...still working on it.

chinleti said...

Girl I am going to KILL you! How come you didn't tell me that you are pregnant? This was the moment that I have been waiting for!!! OMG and guess what? We are like three weeks apart!!! This is way too exciting!! Please give me a call, oh and I am thinking probably not to boycott maternity clothes, though I haven't fully fully popped and am somewhat adament against them...anyways, call me!!TTYL