Monday, January 14, 2008

My busy weekend...

I can't believe it is Monday yet again but then again I am never prepared to go back to work...in my next lifetime, I wish to come back as a socialite (with the caveat that I will remember what this life was like and I would appreciate the benefits of having money in the bank...hehe!).


Since this was not my weekend to clean, I took full advantage of my free time starting with an Indian food and an evening with Wynton Marsalis at the New York Times Center with my cousin. Wynton still looks good ;-) But aside from that, I really appreciated his perspective on contemporary music as well as preserving Jazz as an all-American art form. I am going to make it my business to go to Jazz at the Lincoln center to show some more support...lord knows I need more culture in my life.




On Saturday I had a fabulous lunch with the Divas. It is so much fun when we get together, I sure wish it could happen more than once per month but life is complicated so I am grateful for whatever time that can be made available. I also went shopping with the fashion diva herself but we had bad shopping Karma so no bags. On Sunday afternoon I went out for sushi with my favorite neighbors ever and I must say that my stomach has definitely shrunk this last week...i got dizzy after eating 4 pieces of sushi and two rolls! I love talking to Jamie because she keeps my travel bug alive...we are talking about Iceland for 2009! Sidebar, I haven't actually discussed this with DH and therefore cannot make a commitment but I need to come up with a plan to see the world because nobody is going to call me up and offer to make it happen. I really want to get a side-hustle to pay off my debt and finance my travels but I made a commitment to not do anything big for the first year of marriage...sigh




I returned home last night to a room full of testosterone as the Giants were playing. I made the mistake of offering Eric and Lorenzo some wine on cheese...they were dying laughing for like 10 minutes...ma bad son. The guys did take out the Christmas tree and clean up all the mess that it left so I was extremely please and I started to make fajitas for dinner. Unfortunately, the Giants won and DH was talking a lot of smack and they got mad and left so it was just me and DH eating fajitas and watching Mr. Bean's holiday which was hilarious!




I had already made up my mind about selling my wedding dress at a consignment shop because I can't wear it anymore...but Thalia has caused me to have second thoughts. Do I say peace to the dress?

6 comments:

vlagrl said...

HEHE!! I have been secretly coveting the idea of Divas in Brazil next year. Any takers?!

OMG! You did not offer wine and cheese girl. Straight up beer, chips, dip, nachos. You gotta think 13 yr old boy for football food lol.

Hmmm....put the dress on consignment. You will get to wear it again if you renew your vows and make it your business to be able to fit into it, will you want to pass it down? What's the reason for selling it? Use the money you get back to pay off something?

ChingDiva said...

I'm sorry I'd have fallen out laughing at you too, offering wine and cheese, LOL.

To be the opposite of L, why are you going to keep it? You can't decide if you want children, so I don't know that you'd pass the dress down. I'd put it on consignment.

NJDiva said...

LOL! I know what real football food is but I don't keep that stuff in the house so I offered what I had...just trying to be hospitable. I seriously doubt that my child should I have anything would want to wear my dress...I would sell it because I won't wear it and I rather have the money. That said, I really love the dress and I hate to see it go...I only got to wear it for 7 hours :-(

vlagrl said...

Well it just seems like a fast turnaround. You've been married two minutes and you're already selling her!!

U neva know! If that 1st marriage didn't end I'd def wear my mom's sari. It's gorgeous! Given to my mom from her grandma in India.

chinleti said...

Well, hey, I would say sell it also, not unless you were going to keep it as a momento for future generations. I plan to sell mine. I don't know if you are going to wear it again. Plus, I heard it's bad luck to keep it around. My mom kept hers....

LadyEboDiva said...

I'm so down for Brazil next year..so that's I'm down Luck!!

Hehehehe!! No wine and cheese Addis, its beer and wings...hehehe!!

DON'T SELL HER!! You never know what size i'll be when its my turn many years from now....hehehe!! Yu actually might have a girl child Diva and you could pass it down. She's to beautiful to let go.
I say you wear her on your wedding day every year... she'll keep you fit. Just knowing you have to put it on will keep you from havng to many sweets...hehe