Sunday, January 27, 2008

The best laid plans...

Let me start off by saying that I had the most ambitious plans for this weekend. I was going to clean (my turn this weekend), go to the gym, knock out some thank-you cards, research dryers and finish painting the entry way. It all started so well; I got home after work on friday and cleaned the entire house while DH and Ed watched the game and ate pizza (3 boxes all by themselves, I hate men and their metabolism!). Saturday morning I woke up at 9:30 am to freshly made coffee that Ed left on his way out (aparently hot date that night so he had to get ready).

I get out by 11am and head to the gym and I run into the worst traffic ever on route 22. After spending 1.5 hours on the phone with Fuquita, discussing the economy and why I cannot afford to have children until I am 42, I get pulled over by five-o. Apparently our registration has been expired since September! So now I am trying to call the DMV to get the car registered but nobody is there (why would any service agency care to work when most of us are available?) so I call Todd so that we can switch cars because I am not trying to get one more ticket today. By the time I made it to the Gym and home, it was 5pm and I only had time to cook dinner(meat loaf, mac n' cheese, sweet potatoes and green beans) and watch a movie with DH...sigh! I did not do anything today either, I went to church, took a nap and watched rush hour...better luck next week.

In the mean time, does anybody know anything about buying appliances? There are too many choices...I just want my clothes to dry in less than 1 hour.

3 comments:

chinleti said...

I don't know a whole lot about appliances, but I do know that Best Buy has some of the best deals on them....I hope that next weekend proves a little more successful for you. I know the feeling... Otherwise, I hope that we can get in touch this week. :-)

LadyEboDiva said...

All I can say is it was definitely not your day.

I'm surprise that Todd wasn't up on that registration, you know men and their cars.

Well you got to speak to my girl Charmaign..which is always a pleasure I'm sure.

As far as appliances, check teh sunday paper for which stores are having sales on dryers and pick from there.

Well Grandma's Fried Chicken is soon coming...heheheh

ChingDiva said...

Well gas powered dryers dry clothing more quickly than ones that run on electricity. They're also cheaper to run. I dunno if that will be feasible for you though. Try to get a dryer with a moisture sensor, it makes sure you don't run the dryer longer than you have to.

I guess with all that was going on planning for the wedding, registration was the last thing on both your minds.