Friday, January 18, 2008

Home Improvement

Yesterday I met with my first contractor to get a price quote on doing the stairs and laying down hardwood floors in the living/dinning area. After our first quote from home depot, Mr. Sylvesters quote doesn't seem all that bad. He lifted up the carpet on my stairs and it looks like I have hardwood stairs but they have paint on them because the house was apparently spray painted when they built it (lazy bastards!). So if I can convince DH that we should spend his bonus on getting wood floors downstairs, I am going to undertake the task of sanding the paint off the stairs myself. I know that it is really going to suck but at this point I have way more free time than money so you gotta use what you got ;-)

I am going to go to home depot again tomorrow to see what other colors I can use for the entry way and the powder room. I also talked to him about redoing the master bath which would cost about $2k plus materials...it is not bad but I think that I can live with an ugly shower for another year, is just not that serious!

2 comments:

LadyEboDiva said...

Okay Mrs. Bob Villa...hehehe!! I could really see you sanding the stairs too....hehehe!!

I think you could convince Todd to spend that bonus money, but be prepared for him to use that when he wants something that you're not feeling....hehehehe!!!

Let me know if you need a handy girl for some help...hehehe!! I know i'm not that great at that, but i know im entertaining at least

NJDiva said...

well, the dryer is on its last leg as of right now and there is the whole 3-week costa rica trip to finance so it doesn't look like I will get any flooring this year...sigh. You know I am going to figure out how to sand those stairs though!