Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wedding Invitations, Bridal Party, Rings

I finally ordered my invitations today! I decided on something real simple but I think they look nice. My sister thinks that they are ugly but she later recanted her statement to "plain." Ok, so maybe they are plain but I wanted something simple and sophisticated and these worked!



I also took some time to iron out some to-do list and duties for the bridesmaids because I am sure everyone is confused...what with me talking to them at random different times. I was able to negotiate with Todd to have a Maid of Honor and a Best man. He has two people splitting the best man responsibilities but he is not giving them the title (I'll just call them the men formerly know as best), Brian and Ed.
As for my team...
Adaobi is the maid of honor (First day of school, 1995, Algebra I class at Roselle) and I have 3 bridesmaids, Kristen (spring 2000, the conspiracy begun), Tyana(interestingly enough I met her through Shellewah in 1999...ain't that something?) and Ebony(summer 2000, freshman orientation...she joined the conspiracy). I also have three honorary bridesmaids who make guest appearances in posts (Thalia, Laksmi and Leticia). Lakshmi and Leticia are in the wedding, while Thalia is being spared from an official job because her B-day is the day before the wedding and I wouldn't dare encroach upon her Birthday weekend.



I was looking for rings for Todd but the ones for men didn't have that many choices so I started to look for stuff for me. I like the ones below but I am really iffy as to how I can make a set. I may end up going for a plain band.




So with four months to go, it is shaping up to be a wedding y'all!

8 comments:

ChingDiva said...

I like those invitations waaay better than the african people, I'm sorry girl, but I was soo hoping for a different invite! LOL, so I'm happy with that invite.

What wrong with those rings? I like the 2nd one.

chinleti said...

i really like the invitation. it is so you. you are not complicated but classy. it is definitely not an ugly invite and fits your theme. the one with the african people might have been a bit tacky.
I like the ring in the middle. did you try going to the jeweler to find a band that would complement your engagement ring?

NJDiva said...

So hold up, nobody liked the African people?

vlagrl said...

YES GIRL!!! I am super excited that you have ordered invitations. I love the look. I am just as relieved as Tyana that you have chosen these versus the African people. The Africans wouldve been ok if you chose to wear a African headwrap and Todd wear a Dashiki!!

I like the last two rings. I'm sure you can find something to complement what you have. This part of the process sounds like a lot of fun.

ChingDiva said...

NO! None of us liked the african people, as Luck said, You aren't wearing a dashiki!

LadyEboDiva said...

Ummm and I the only one that didn't see the invitations of the African people...hehehhe!!
I'm pretty sure if it was a HELL NO to everyone else it probably would have been the same for me.
I definitely like the Invitations..there simple and sophisticated.
I like the last ring...the bend in it was nice to set your engagement ring on.

Unknown said...

I like the wring in the middle. I'm glad your friends also think that the African inv. only goes if you were going for that theme.

Unknown said...

So things are moving forward, very cool. I like rings 2 and three. No need to over do the bling at the beginning. Just follow your mom's lead
and "acquire" your various stones as the years progress !!!