Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Saffron Studios

I went all the way down to Bridgewater to meet with Sonia at Saffron Studios and I really enjoyed myself. She wasn't pushy, didn't try to sell me on a package and came up with a way to get me what I want on my budget. I have a good feeling about her and even though she won't be shooting the pictures, I really liked the pictures for the photographer that I choose. So although I haven't met with anyone else, I am going with Saffron Studio because:
a. My gut says so
b. Its a small independent woman run business (you know I have a soft spot for that)
c. She actually enjoys wedding, this is not something that she does on the side to supplement her "Real" career.

After I left Saffron Studios I went on over to North Plainfield to have a chat with Shellewah. I am glad that we had a face to face conversation because now I know where she is coming from and she understand where I am coming from on a number of things. I am always surprised at how differently our words and actions can be interpreted but that's life...we all wish we could see ourselves the way others see us.

DF got back from his boys trip last night and he seemed much more relaxed than when he left. Of course he had to point out how nice everyone in ATL was an how he saw Usher just walking down the street and how life just seems better in ATL and nobody appears to be struggling. He then went on to say that I looked stressed and that I should go to the spa this weekend...it's monday, I am always stressed on Monday! I am going to the spa this weekend to celebrate Kristen's B-day so I guess it comes at a good time ;-)

"Life is beautiful. Life is a struggle. Life is a beautiful struggle."-Mos Def

10 comments:

chinleti said...

I'm glad to see that you found a photographer that you are comfortable with yet within your budget. And yeah, girl, get some relaxation time this weekend. you have been accomplishing alot for the wedding. I'm so proud of you!
Question, is there a deadline for reserving the hotel room for the night?

vlagrl said...

Nice work!! Sounds like the woman at Saffron knows what she is doing. One huge stress is now off your shoulders. Congratuations!

So why are we calling him DF?! I'm very intrigued by what that is all about. Only thing I can thing is Da Fiance....I'm not surprised he was raving about ATL. He can sacrifice living up here since you are moving to a house versus a condo for him.

The spa is going to be wonderful with good eats to follow!

ChingDiva said...

I had the same question as Leticia. Glad you have that done! yaya, it seems that things are FINALLY coming together. I'm so proud.

NJDiva said...

I just looked at my contract, the cutoff is September 7th. I had forgotten what food I had ordered, I just got excited again about the reception ;-)

NJDiva said...

BTW, DF stands for Dear Fiancee or you can use DFH (dear future husband)

LadyEboDiva said...

YEAH!!!!!Progress Progress!!!

ChingDiva said...

LMAO, Lcuk and I thought it was something fiancee like. I personally Like Big Thirsty better for Todd.

chinleti said...

Yo, everytime i come on this site and see the countdown for the wedding, I am getting real excited. Soon you'll join the Mrs. Club.
I should be putting in my reservation for the hotel in the next couple weeks or so. :-)

Unknown said...

All hail you have a photographer, and hopefully one that understands that black people need a different type of light for the pictures to come out without looking either pitch or washed out.

Hey I checked you registry today, long list but no high end bedding. Girl this is the time to ask and you shall receive!! 400 thread Egyptian cotton and Calvin Klein bedding Awesome. ( yeah I know I can be soooo shallow.)

NJDiva said...

Which one of my Registries did you check? I have one at Macys and one at Pottery Barn. The one at Pottery Barn has a set of sheets and a duvet set. My Macy's list is long because of the gadgets...which I just found out half are being discontinued in August!