Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mental Break

I am currently working on a data governance presentation but I am kinda tired so I decided to take a mental break by updating my blog ;) The thanksgiving break while fabulous is now but a distant memory as I make my 3 week push at work and at home to get ready for Christmas break. At work, that involves no less than a dozen meetings per week plus all the required prep and debriefing work. In my 11 am meeting yesterday, the AVP for our group got a worried look on his face when he saw how I fazed myself out of the project plan in the spring...it's great to be needed, I hope it results in a promotion because the baby needs a college fund!

The baby, aka Zoe unless DH comes up with a better name, has new shoes! Yes, a diva has come through with Jordans and crocodile driving shoes. In addition to that, she has an assortment of onesies courtesy of another diva, shirt "en Francais" and a tunic and mini skirt courtesy of my of my girlfriends extraordinaire. I am still buying her a week's worth of onesies and white sock. I just don't want to buy a whole bunch of stuff since she will double in size the first year and I don't like clutter in my house (in fact, I just got rid of a bunch of stuff this weekend, it's like therapy!).

I did go online to target and I created a registry with the things that I actually plan on buying ( i am going to check the thrift stores in the fancy neighborhoods too!); at some point I will make it public for anyone who actually wants to see whats on my list. The whole baby shower thing came up again at thanksgiving and I was really surprised that my mother would bring it up since she has a sweet 16 and a 50th b-day party to plan for next year; I thought it would be a big relief that I don't even like baby showers! Full disclosure: I attend baby shower for the 1st kid and I may even have to help plan one at some point because most couples do want one. What about DH? he doesn't like parties and indulges me by attending events but he did find the prospect of free stuff appealing, hehe! I spoke to my grandma and aunt in Costa Rica and they were totally in agreement with me, maybe I get my ways from them because I pretty much get an incredulous look even from men when I tell them that I am not having one ;) My plan is to finish paying my Amex by February (the bill is not as scary as it used to be thank God!) and then I will have a"baby shower" by myself in March by spending some QT at Bliss and going to dinner at my favorite french restaurant which I love and seldom get to visit ;-)

OK, I feel work calling me back. Tonight it will be fun times at the Jones' house as I drag DH through the seasonal decluttering of his office and tomorrow night my house will be all set to decorate for Christmas! On Friday I am going to my favorite German bar after work with my co-workers as we do the first Friday in December every year. On Saturday I plan to have a day by myself (yoga, followed by beautician and then HGTV!) and then on Sunday I have church, play date with former co-workers and then dinner in the city. So much to do but as my girl Maya Angelou would say: Life loves those who live it!

2 comments:

LadyEboDiva said...

I love you Addis...my sister...my diva!

vlagrl said...

I'm so excited about your time for relaxation and ummm...ya...make that registry public!