Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Surviving the crunch time

So today I just had to order pork fried rice and chicken wings. Now lets keep in mind that I eat this stuff once per year in real life so it's highly unusual for me to even think about it. Earlier this week, I went through the trouble of making turkey casserole and green beans (which DH totally killed) only to decide that I didn't feel like eating it. Finally at 9pm, DH convinced me that Zoe might be hungry even though I was not hungry and luckily I had Masala chicken in my freezer which I was able to eat. So I think my theme for pregnancy week 23 is all things Asian! Perhaps on Friday I will go for some sushi to round out my Asian food week. This fickleness is making it very hard for me to grocery shop though because I have no idea what to eat from one week to the next.

As expected, my week has been crazy but I am staying just one step above the fray. Also, my presentation on Data Governance got a enthusiastic review thus far...let's see how it fares in my meeting tomorrow. While all the madness is going on at work, I also have a contractor at home painting the stairs and tiling the entryway; more contractors are coming in next week to put carpet in the bedrooms so I need to relocate all my clothes out the closet. This weekend I have 2 events + I need to decorate the Christmas tree. Did I mention that I haven't completed my Christmas shopping? My shopping has mostly consisted of randomly ordering stuff online...I am getting quite the pile of boxed in my living room. But it's all good, come January (God permitting) I will have my life back in order! Allegedly I am supposed to feel tired in the last 3 months, so I am proactively managing all my projects to lead a "normal" life by then. I can sorta see how this could happen because despite my best efforts, my cardio workout just keeps getting harder to complete every week at the gym...it feels like I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes before getting on the elliptical machine (who are these women who run up until their due date?); my goal is to make it 2x per week to the gym until my due date even if I can only workout at a level 1 by the end and to keep up with my yoga as exercise and drugs are my only plan for an easy delivery.

And to finish off this week's update, my favorite statement for this week was "oh you are almost in your 3rd trimester? you are going to double your size in the next few weeks!" I love, love all the awkward comments that I generate ;)

2 comments:

chinleti said...

You go girl! Shoot I can barely run from the car to the driveway to open the gate without cramping up...lol

vlagrl said...

I love love LOVE your blog!