Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What day is it anyway?

Because I work in Academia, the assumption is always that every single thing in the world must be done before we leave for winter break in December. Due to this artificial deadline, it has been nonstop at work, all day, every day; in fact, I am eating my lunch and responding to e-mails simultaneously while typing this ;-) This weekend I get to go to NC to visit some friends and I am tres excited...it'll be like a 2 day vacation! Last weekend was tough because a very dear friend of the family went home to glory. She and my grandma have been friends for 55 years and I absolutely loved everything about her...I hope my grandchildren will feel the same way about my friends. She was hoping that I would have a girl...

So I am at the half point today, exactly 20 weeks (5 months) and things are looking good. Weekly Chiropractor and Yoga have done wonders for my hips so I am almost pain free. I have gained 2 lbs this month and I feel like my trip this weekend will give me 1 more lb before I see the doctor next week ;) I think I am going to need maternity shirts by Christmas because my belly is starting to push out. I went to the consignment store yesterday and I really hated how all the tops looked on my boobs, the minimizer bras that I bought 3 months ago are now holding on for dear life...I need a trip to Nordstroms to talk to the bra whisperer! My love affair with mayonnaise continues...last week DH brought home a blimpie's ham 12 inch sub for himself and I completely devoured half of it while he has playing NBA live; it's really embarrassing to eat what was in essence a sandwich the size of my daughter standing in the dark kitchen but i couldn't stop myself! DH had lots of jokes on me but he wasn't mad. I think this will pass in another week or so...last month I just had to have baked beans and now I am not in the least bit interested.

I can't wait until Christmas break in 4 more weeks! I think by then I will be ready to brave the kiddy section of Target and actually buy the stuff on my list.

1 comment:

chinleti said...

I miss grandma too...hey Addis turned out to be a kidney stone that I was passing...missed all you guys! I am excited that you are at your midpoint!!! You are too funny! But wait you think your boobs are big now? Wait til you are lactating lol!! But yea if you happen to find a nice bra let me know where you get it. I went to Motherhood a couple weeks back and bought this soft cup which was a total waste of money...they had wires on the side and were digging me up at work! I have like only one bra from my mikaila pregnancy which feels great but an underwire (also bought at Motherhood) so maybe I get another one there...must go to consignment store myself lol...and yoga and chiropractor you say? I should try that for the other aches and pains I have....well I hope to see you one day soon my friend before we deliver...love ya...ciao!!