Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The mystery is over!

Today I finally got to have the mid-term ultrasound. I made sure and had a good breakfast with eggs, toast, Orange Juice and Coffee so that the baby would be up and moving because I have no idea if I will get another ultrasound before its over and really, 20 more weeks is a long time to wait to finally learn the gender. To my delight, it worked like a charm and the baby was up and moving and we were able to get a good shot to confirm that it's a girl! She weighs 10 ounces and is coming along nicely.
She was all over the place and she attempted to put her foot in her mouth. She was also scratching her head so perhaps she even has hair! I don't actually feel any of this stuff so I am guessing that I can only feel when she does something crazy. This also proves once and for all that one cannot guess the sex :-/ I was prepared for a boy because I lost my love for sweets, there is overall a shortage of girl births and I just never got any girl "vibes" but alas it is a girl as DH has hoped for all along. To get my mind to transition into a girly frame of mind, I had to go to the mall and purchase the onesie above for my daugther to make her official in the house :o) I am looking forward to having lots of fun, taking her to Paris and teaching her everything I know... until she is a teenager, at which point she will call herself "dating" some guy that we will inevitably dislike. So here is what she is looking like from the outside (yes, I am at the gap getting some jeans on sale!)...not a real bump yet but we are getting there.

5 comments:

ChingDiva said...

YAY! I got a peacoat and baby girl jordans already....lol

vlagrl said...

I'm in love with this post!! I just can't wait for lil miss baby to arrive! I'm not sure what I'm going to get lil miss but believe I'm plotting.

Aww, daddy's little girl but independent minded. Gotta love the Crooks-Jones baby girl!

I have to say I'm very impressed with your gradual weight gain. You look so cute.

Jaimie said...

Congratulations! I'm am so excited for Diva Jr. to arrive. I hope Continental acts right and has a good fare for the weekend of the Nov. 20th! And as for Paris... you know I'm coming too :o)

chinleti said...

Congrats Addis!!! Oh wow a baby girl!!! And there are so many cute girlie things out there. I am so excited for you guys!! Wow daddy's little girl!!

LadyEboDiva said...

So I was so excited to hear about the niece I will soon be watching and teaching everything her momma won't LOL LOL LOL!!!

Like the shopper I am I made a purchase fr her already...LOL LOL!!! I know I'm a mess!!!

So ready for the 1st official Baby Diva