Wednesday, November 4, 2009

T minus 1 week

The wait is almost over, if all goes well, the Jones fetus will be "the boy/girl formerly known as it" next week! More good news, in my weekly chiropractor visit today it appears that my legs are now even again. My hip area still hurts but I am making progress in my stretching and I am going to be taking a weekly yoga class starting next Saturday. I was laying on the floor doing stretches while pretending to watch the world series with DH and I guess the baby got annoyed at me. So when I laid back down on the couch and rested my hand on my belly, I actually felt the baby push my hand! It was a distinct "get off me" push; I guess somebody got a little weight on them now and want to assert themselves...all 6 ounces of themselves ;)

DH was supposed to be going on a guy's trip to DR next week but alas the flights never came down in price. The cheapest flight that we could find was $745 3 weeks ago, right now they are $994. He was moping around the house and mentioned that he thought he was his last chance for a guy's trip and I had to ask "where did you ever get that idea?" He was under the impression that people with children don't go on trips. Of course I squashed that right there because I totally plan on going on my annual girl trip + my trip with DH + in 5 years I will institute a "family" trip. I wonder if he thought I was going to suddenly morph into a sanctimommy? Note to DH: I don't believe in being a martyr so I will continue to live my life and not put it on hold until I am 48. He seemed really relieved and he even smiled when I mentioned that I got him all covered for his 30th b-day trip next year with the guys...I can totally handle a 5-month-old all by myself + I have fabulous babysitter roster if needed ;)

Tonight I get to watch the Denver Nuggets beat the poor 0-4 Nets. I am very excited though because we actually got good seats (like row 1 good!) for cheap on stubhub...probably because the Nets are so bad right now. It should still be fun even if its just DH and I at the game ;)

3 comments:

chinleti said...

Oooh the Jones baby is making lil big moves! Nice!! And oh yea you can definitely start traveling again...I remember going to Germany back in 08 for like 5 days...Mik was fine with the three little ones!! lol

ChingDiva said...

You already know my mom went on girl trips when me and the kids were younger, so you know a baby ain't holding no one back!

vlagrl said...

Hello baby!!!! Hurry up and find out what your having. What a teaser! I've been thinking about for a week.

For selfish reasons I'm all about y'all taking trips cause I know I'm on the Diva one :-)!