Friday, February 15, 2008

1st Valentine's Day

Our 1st Valentine's day as a married couple was spent peacefully at home. We never actually do anything for Valentine's day because a. its too crowded and b. it is too expensive. I do hope to plan a trip one of these years when I am no longer chronically broke. I did make a point of buying a "to my husband" card yesterday and I bought him a strawberry cake from Bruno's to make up for the fact that he only got one slice of his wedding cake. I also made Chicken Saltimbucca which was a hit; let's be real...chicken, wrapped in prosciutto ham, fried in butter and topped with Mozarella cheese can never be wrong for Todd. I did get a "to my wife" card which I am going to frame although it is that old-school embossed flowery business.


Tonight when I manage to pry myself from the desk I will head off to the Salon. I look forward to my Carmesha and Jaimie Friday nights ;-)

No comments: