Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bridal Shower!

My bridal shower was yesterday and all I can say is that it was far more than I could have even hoped for...it was beyond fabulous! So just about everyone who reads this blog was there but I still feel like I should have my own recap of the days events.

Let's start with how everyone schemed and conspired for months to catch me off guard! My mother let if slip months ago that the shower would be at her house...up until that point I knew that it would be at Charmaine's house. Over the last two months my parents have gone on a home improvement rampage...they did the works: painting, construction, redoing sidewalks, changing light fixtures...even building a new bathroom! Then Ebony had me concerned all week that she was having an existential crisis so we went shopping yesterday to talk about stuff. Then Charmaine invited me over to her house for Ackee and Salt fish which she knows I would not turn down!

So here I am trying to get to Charmaine's house and finding a grocery store to get Ebony something that she can eat. Then I arrived and I saw my parent's car parked which is normal and I walked inside and my father and Willie are sitting in the room looking normal (good job on the acting). Off course I did not notice that Ebony and Charmaine where ducking behind me and I opened the door and everyone was there! I was so shocked and it was crazy to think that so many things that were said to me were all lies.

Once the shower got started I had a ball and I hope that everyone else did too. I was overwhelmed by how lavish it was and all the details and planning that went into it. Its really humbling to see that soo many people would take time out of their own hectic lives to plan all of this. Don't get me started on the food...I am eating some fried fish and curried rice right now! The mango salsa, the sangria, the patties from Scott ( ladies bless your soul), the buffet, and the dessert display.....OMG it was fabulous. I am so glad that Todd has been diving into the leftovers because I could really eat through the whoppie pies all by myself (but I won't because I have a dress to fit into).

Last but not least...the presents. Let's just say that I now have a lingerie collection that will require its own drawer! I am not quite certain that I know how to put it all on but I will work it out, hehe! All of my friends and family were extremely genorous and I was absolutely delighted with all the home stuff. I am like a kid...I can't wait to open up my gifts and start playing with them! I feel like the toaster oven and the crockpot will be instrumental in getting Todd to learn how to make some basic dishes too ;-) I can't thank everyone enough for everything.

Ok, let me go pull myself together for closing tomorrow!

3 comments:

LadyEboDiva said...

Once again I'm sorry for lying so greatly to you. I really should be a damn actress...hehehehhehe!!! Cause really I was too good.

Diva You definitely deserved it. Don't be surprised that people would do this for you...girl you are LOVEDED!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry, but we just had to twist things a bit because you like to be too informed. As for the home improvement, the bathroom was on the to do list for 5 years, the new light fixture for the bathroom was sitting in a box in by dining room for the past 2 years, the sidewalk was on the to do list since last year, not to worry your father was doing things that needed doing (what better time to do improvement that in the summer right before your bridal shower), plus, he wants everything to be presentable since we will have family and friends coming and going the week of your wedding.

Glad that you had a great time, the shock look on your face was priceless, don't ever thing you cannot be surprised, it is a lot of work with you since you are a tod bit curious, but you can be caught of guard just like anyone else.

ChingDiva said...

I agree with your mom and Ebo of course, it was a pleasure to do everything for you since you have been wonderful to us all!

HA about the lingerie, girl after that Gap blog, we were all like well we have to do something!