Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Not ready to give up the blog just yet

So I thought that I was going to give up the blog as soon as the wedding was over but there is so much more that I still need to share. I am still trying to piece together everything that happened that night as well as finding pictures of all of the blog readers at the wedding. I also haven't shared my honeymoon pictures. So now this is going to evolve into my newlywed blog...hehe!

I will post about the honeymoon later this week, right now I am having an issue with decorating my house and I am going to need an intervention. So here is what happened in short: I always wanted a yellow dining room and a green livingroom. Then my DH comes along and requests a plum living room. So I had this plum and yellow thing going which was bad. Last week I repainted the dining room beige so the walls have receded. Now I am trying to find curtains for my plum living room but nothing is working and DH can't come up with a solution for the color scheme that he invented!


This is my plum living room....


And these are the curtain that I found thus far. I would seriouly go for some wooden blinds and call it a day, but I want to save money on my utility bill by having panels ;-)

Does this table look too tight in my kitchen?

5 comments:

ChingDiva said...

I like the green curtains better. The cream ones do nothing for that wall color. Don't give up the blog! We missed it. I can't be the only blogger among us.

vlagrl said...

HOORAY!! I was just telling chingdiva I missed your blog last week and even thought of starting my own but then I remembered I don't even have a myspace. I do not want any random people finding me!!

Anyway, I like the green curtains, of course cut to the correct length.

Are you going to get another chair for the table in the kitchen? It looks cute from the pic but pictures don't allow for good depth perception.

NJDiva said...

I will get another chair for the kitchen...I even found it already, I am just not sure if I have the right kitchen for any extra furniture...

LadyEboDiva said...

The interior decorater in me agrees about teh green curtains...all you need are knick knacks or art that will bring that green into other parts of teh livig room to make it flow.

When you get back from your training that weekend we are gonna do a serious haul of decorating your home. You know I love this stuff.

chinleti said...

Hey girl! You're back! And I was just thinking that all I was going to be doing, while on bedrest, was updating my blog and checking meaningless e-mail. I actually kept checking this blog of yours after you got married to see if there were any updates. So I really and truly am glad that you are back. I'm really feelin' your "Costa Rican" colored townhouse. I don't know what to say about the plum living room. Maybe wooden panels? I dunno. I am not much of a home decorator and will actually need to come to you for some ideas on turning my home into a masterpiece. Otherwise, is that the same table from your other apartment? It looks okay, I guess. But how big is your kitchen? Would you consider getting an island for the kitchen? Also, what name do you now go by-Mrs. Jones or Mrs. Crooks-Jones or do you secretly still call yourself Addis Crooks? LOL. Talk to you then. We really need to catch up. TTYL