Monday, November 12, 2007

Looks like Thanksgiving is on me...

So my mother called me today to figure out the holidays and this year for the first time we had to pick sides because I supposed is no longer cool to just go our separate ways during the holidays (at least not for year 1). So we had an invite from the Chandlers (always a great time...fried turkey, oxtails, oh my!) for Thanksgiving and my mother wants to know if we want to cook Christmas or have Christmas with them. After much back and forth and conferencing DH's mom in, it looks like I am cooking. DH's mom doesn't want to go down to the C's because she went last year and she feels like she is imposing (understood, I guess) but that would mean that they would be home alone because Todd is usually the only person that comes over so of course I can't go elsewhere because I would feel like a horrible person.

So for the two people that visited me in Memphis (you know who you are) you can imagine how terrifying that is because 1) my turkey was horrible and 2) I don't like to cook a lot of food. I never quite understood why there has to be 5 types of proteins 8 starches and 2 vegetables at Thanksgivig! So I need help with recipes and anyone who wants to be at my house to see how it goes down is welcome to come spend next thrusday with me.

Ok, as you know I am in San Francisco at a conference, time to go to some more "networking" events.

6 comments:

NJDiva said...

OMG, I don't even have a turkey...I hope that they don't sell out!

vlagrl said...

Don't worry! You can get a turkey when you get back or send someone out to get you one.

I'm confused...you are having Thanksgiving at your house and Christmas at the Crooks? DH's parents are doing Christmas alone? When distance is not a problem many couples do both in the same day for Christmas, one gets morning and one gets evening...it's an option.

Recipes? What do you need? I'd def hit up Kristen for some, her beef ribs recipe is in the cookbook along with some other very yummy items.

LadyEboDiva said...

So does that mean I can impose and come watch you make all that food?? I'll keep you laughing...plus I'll order that Hummingbird Banana Cake.

Hehehe

LadyEboDiva said...

Go to this website... www.thejiveturkey.com . Thats the place i told you about that you can order a turkey. They got everything from cajun fried, to jamiacan jerk fried turkey. You can order online...dont you love new age technology!!!

chinleti said...

I don't think they will sell out. Just get one as soon as you get back. I don't know what to tell you with recipes. I don't even like to cook ( I know that sounds pitiful with me being married and having 2.5 kids).LOL. But that jerked chicken turkey idea sounds real good. I'm getting hungry as I type. But I may have my mother's vegetable lasagna recipe if you are interested.

ChingDiva said...

Like Musical diva, I am also confused. Where are you spending these holidays? Her idea of going to both places also sounds like a plan. It is sorta exhausting, but as MD said, its an option.