Monday, March 12, 2007

Some of the Semifinalist

I have made a commitment to myself to finish dress shopping this week and I have two stores to go but here are the 3 semifinalist that I have thus far. The first two are from my shopping expedition on Saturday with Mrs. Crooks in West orange NJ.

This is the Ipanema, which was one of the first dresses that I picked out but couldn't find. It costs $1300 and it's raw silk in Ivory.



Since I have never been and will never be as skinny as that girl modelling the dress, here is how it looks like on a real bride about my size.



This is another ball gown by Jasmine, that I would order in light Gold. I love the color but I am not crazy about the extra embroidery coming down the side. The sales person assured me that I can be ordered without it. This dress is $1000 and given my previous posts, it looks like a pretty good deal.



This is a dress that I found on ebay by the same designer that I loved at Kleinfelds. The buy it now on this dress is $550. The problem with this dress is that it takes 30 days to arrive if my size is not in stock. The fit on his dresses and the materials are fabolous...but what if its a fake?


Well fortunately I have a standby dressed picked out...please refere to my previous post for more information :-)

6 comments:

ChingDiva said...

the first one is Ick if you're not rail thin like the model. I like the second and third ones.

vlagrl said...

I really like the second one. I think it will look dynnomite on your figure! Why don't you like the embroidery? It might be boring without it. I agree with Miss. Ching on the first one...its very pretty but I don't know anyone with a perfect figure unless of course your planning on not eating at all until October. Btw-who is this white girl in the pic?!

vlagrl said...

anyone else notice this blog posts your comment time 3 hrs behind?

adaobi said...

what's cracking!

lol...ok i like the ebay dress and particularly like the price of 550. I say get it! If it doesn't work, ship it back....and refuse to pay for it on your credit card because it is a knock off (if that is the case). It's beautiful and has an uncanny (-aside-feel this adjective is blog appropriate and was impressed with myself)ressemblance to the one that haunts you. ....but you should get on top of it now in case they don't have your size and you have to wait 30days.

LadyEboDiva said...

After seeing the first dress on a probably thin white girl but not pencil thin I don't know if it'll work..on the black girl with BOOBS.

I'm going with Adoabi on this one...The Ebay dress...it looks so much like the dress I cried over for you and the price definitely doesn't hurt. If it's a knock I sure won't tell nobody...cause it definitely looks like a Poole design. I also have faith that they will have your size.

I'm Happy you are getting things done...Thumbs up!!!

NJDiva said...

Ok, after reviewing the listing more closely on the ebay dress, it is "Kenneth Pool Inspired", its a fake! I guess the fact that it ships from China should have tipped me off, hehe!