Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sitting on my porch with a blanket on in June ?!?

Can somebody tell me why he weather has such bad schizophrenia? Last week I was about to die of a heat stroke, tonight, I am freezing! As you already know, I am in work purgatory until further notice. I decided to bring my laptop outside because i just discovered that I have outlets on my porch ;-) Plus if I squint cross-eyed, I can fantasize that the Newark skyline really being NY and me being like a writer or one of those lucky people who get to do creative stuff while sipping lattes on the sidewalk.

Anywho I digress. I just wanted to announce that I just made a reservation at a resort in an undisclosed location so surprise DH for our 1 year anniversary. I didn't get a plane ticket because they cost like $8 million courtesy of our fuel prices. So I'll wait and see...worse come to worse I'll just sail us there (the perk of living in Jersey is easy access to the water!). So I am not sure how exactly I am going to surprise him but hey its a start. I am a pragmatist so trying to do this is a stretch of my mental ability.

Ok, back to the grind!

4 comments:

ChingDiva said...

Well you've surprised him before, so I'm sure you can do it again.

LadyEboDiva said...

Addis will you have a sex change and marry me....hhehehehehehhe

vlagrl said...

He don't know nothing without you!!! I'm excited for him! I so want to be Todd! I work from home, I can cook for her and I'm not home enough nights of the week for quiet Addis time. That boy don't know how good he has it!

chinleti said...

Oh my goodness, girl! I have not been on the love jones in like a minute. This was like my little sex in the city thing or whatever, but just with you writing about whatever was on your mind...lol. But anyhow, it is nice to see that things are going good with you. I hope that you are able to catch up with work and all. Thanks a million times for helping my mom out. May God continue to bless you. And yeah, I hope to get back to this blogging thing, but I think it may get me into too much trouble. LOL! But yeah, let's hang out soon. Im off til further notice.