Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Checking in

As promised, here is a picture of the great wall of diapers.


I have been making lots of progress on my to-do list this week: Taxes are done, files are cleaned up and I Costa Rica Hotel booking is almost set. DH doesn't understand why I someone else couldn't handle the Costa Rica trip and I see his point but I also know that is far less aggravating if I just handle it; besides, if you want something done, ask a busy person to do it ;)

I am officially 8 months along...it's really happening! I haven't given much thought to labor nor do I intend to take a class (too late anyway to sign up) but I am using my Jedi mind tricks to make the 5-8 weeks that remain easy. I can now fit all my maternity shirts (lesson: I should have actually waited until I really needed them and then I would have gotten them on clearance!). I am still feeling good and my apetite is starting to come back although I really do not have any room to eat yet. I could use a nap during the day but then again EVERYONE would love to have a nap during the day, world peace and not to have to work for a living...

I saw a quote this weekend that read " some people don't have a life until they have children and some people have a life and add children." I love the concept of Zoe fitting into my life and not becoming my life :o) Although I still have my "what did I get myself into" moments, I have no doubt in my mind that my life will continue to be this great adventure. If I ever start to become dull, you have my full permission to stage an intervention.

5 comments:

ChingDiva said...

Looks like when I worked at TARGET! *shudders*

chinleti said...

WOW the great pallet of diapers lol!!! You are too funny. Since you are not taking the childbirth class, IF you want, I do have the workbook from when I took the class that talks about the stages of labor and the techniques to use...breathing helps a whole lot...but anyways as always nice to see that you are coming along mama...I am so proud of you....In seeing as I only have 4 weeks left somehow I have kicked into overdrive and ordered mostly all my stuff....only to find out that half my order I accidentally shipped to the old Newark address....stupid prego brain of mine...thus causing my husband to make trips up there to go and collect the stuff so it doesn't get stolen lol...but anyways I digress....all the best in weeks to come girlie!!!

LadyEboDiva said...

Tell Todd I tried w/ the Costa Rica trip but this virgo isn't as effective as you when it come to planng trips that have over 5 people....LOL!

AMAZING Qoute Diva! So happy to tell you if your life gets dull and you leave me out...oh wait that won't happen b/c you did tell me Zoe will be banished to my house b/c of her soon to be addiction to Fashion...LOL LOL!

So I assume that I'll always be around(Lord Willing), to be your Fabulous fashionable sister/friend, and to spoil my niece, my child who came out of your womb....ROTFLOL!!!

vlagrl said...

You dull?! I will certainly stage an intervention and a revolt!

NJDiva said...

I am so glad to hear that someone is willing to bite the bullet and not let fade into a shell of my former self ;)