Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday check in

I discovered just this week that for the first time ever in my life I do not have love handles or any sort of fat on my back! of course, i now have a pot belly.... God just playing a jokie-joke on me. Anywho, here is a picture of me with my stomach not hidden in layers of clothes. Yup, no bump yet, but now we all get to see what I look like with 5 extra lbs on.


I attempted to do some shopping this weekend ;-) I went to Banana republic where I found 1 more flowy knit blouse to add to my waldrobe. I didn't like motherhood, it's way over-rated and they want too much money for such poor quality clothing. On sunday I trecked over to the big Gap on 34th st. to check out their maternity section and I was not entirely disapppointed! They had a few work pants that I liked, their jeans were a way better fit on me than old navy and they have sheath dresses (so excited to see a non-empire waist dress!). I know that over-the-belly pants are supposed to be the best but I just don't like them nor do I have a belly to hold it up as I am only 4 months. I tried on everything and then placed an order at home because I had a coupon for online...wuh-huh! So now I have 2 pants, 2 jeans, 1 legging and 2 workout pants; I think I am ok until at least January when I expect to need a few maternity tops and a dress. What I learned about maternity clothes is that the nice stuff is just as expensive or more expensive than regular clothes, which sucks because you can only wear it for a limited period of time (unless you are into that whole quickver movement and plan to spend your adult life pregnant). I have decided that I am going to get like 15 good items that I can wear over and over, cute accessories and knee boots and call it a day.

This will be an action-packed week and weekend, in fact I don't have a free weekend until the middle of November. I hope DH and I will make it out to go see Zombyville on Thrusday, tomorrow night I have community service. I have also made an appointment to go see a chiropractor tomorrow, which to me is like folk medicine but its worth the try since the real doctors have no suggestions for sciatic nerve pain. Then, on Friday night I have my trip to the salon which is so dull now...my Fun Friday crowd has move on so I have nobody to drink wine and eat cheese with. On Saturday I am going to Fright Fest at Great Adventure which I am not so excited about because I am not sure how many rides I can get on. But I promised my sister I would take her so no flaking out for me...unless we have another deluge this weekend :o)

5 comments:

LadyEboDiva said...

Just so you know that's a bad angle to take a pic on. Those are shadows making it look like you have a belly...wink

ChingDiva said...

LOL @ Ebo. Well as per usual, you have your whole wardrobe planned out, so that's a plus. Do you still want company for fright fest?

Jaimie said...

I'm very glad that you have no current plans to get all "Michelle Duggar" on us! BTW, when are you and the baby bump coming to Carolina for a vist???

chinleti said...

Addis you look great! Got a little bump going on there...looks nice! I totally feel you on the whole maternity clothes thing...thats why I was telling you the other day about boycotting maternity wear and just wearing the sweatsuit outfits from aeropostale...they are actually cute! LOL...but anyways yea they are expensive...I actually went to a consignment store to get mine cuz I remember going overboard when i was pregnant with Mikaila and spent hundreds on a maternity wardrobe only to donate it to goodwill after having Trinity....oh well..anyways, after the baby (babies) we definitely need to get together for drinks...I have been craving smirnoff lately but of course can't have it lol.
P.S. oh about the fright fest also, cuz I have a season pass for this year and have only gone to six flags once and kinda need to get out lol...im off halloween if that was when you were going, but totally up to you...txt me...ciao!

NJDiva said...

Jaimie my November is looking good, I will be able to take advantage of one of the last minute continental sales ;) Lol! shadows! Now that's funny...yeah, actually that is my breakfast. My stomach looks nothing like that when I wake up ;)