Monday, March 29, 2010

The waiting game

So now I get to play the waiting game....I am thinking that a 3 mile walk is in my future to speed things up a bit. Yesterday I managed to take care of lots of mini-projects around the house like organize and label pictures (i have had that on my list for years!), change out light plates and assemble my new lamp. I am still waiting for Todd to put together the bookcase...if it wasn't so darn heavy I would just carry it upstairs and assemble it myself. I have also brought all my projects at work to a good stopping point so I basically have busy work to do for the next week. So the pace of my life is really slow right now but I am going to try to make the best out of having some me-time because it will be non-existent in the next couple of weeks.

Apparently DH has ideas in his mind as to what exactly I am going to do while I am off ... he was talking about me buying the mango that's on sale instead of the pre-cut one since I will have time to cut up fruit when I am off! I had to nip it in the bud and remind him that I am not evolving into nobody's Betty Drapper :o) I might cook more than 3 times per week but I am not a housewife and I will continue to earn a paycheck even if I just so happen to be at the shore hanging out with an infant. I could see why he has those fantasies though; I would love to have a housewife too (but honestly, a butler would probably work just as well for my needs)! Alas, I never wanted to be one myself and I warned him repeatedly about that long before marriage ;)

On a random side note, I must say that I need to start booking a winter or spring break in my future...almost everyone I know has gone of somewhere and it sounds like so much fun to vacation in when it's cold here! I will add that to my new year resolution in 2011 since I am reaching real grown folk territory.

5 comments:

Nessia said...

Of all the things Todd could come up with, he came up with cutting up fruit?!? LOL

NJDiva said...

LOL! I guess I must set the bar really low...I don't even go to the grocery store and I honestly outsource all non-essential work! I do have a secret project to upgrade is non-work wardrobe...you know, help him get his grown man on.

chinleti said...

Addis, you are almost there! So proud of you and little Zoe! I can totally sympathize with you on the bookcase thing...I remember putting togther the bassinett, swing, bouncer, etc. before the baby came because I was too antsy to wait on Mikial to put them together...lol! But don't overpush yourself so as not to go into an earlier labor (like silly me)...ttyl!

LadyEboDiva said...

LOL LOL LOL... WOW, you know exactly why I'm laughing and it's not about the mango cutting.
Anywho, If you and Todd pay me 45,000 I'll be the housewife/butler for you both...LOL LOL!

Unknown said...

=))