Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF and let the decorating begin!

It's Friday again, wuh-huh! San Antonio was insightful from a work perspective but totally a bust as far as places to visit go. It somehow managed to be more boring as a destination than Memphis...it was a ghost town every night because nobody lives downtown. I had a burger for lunch every day since I was in Texas but none of them really measured up to the burgers in New York (?!?). So all-in-all, I highly recommend that you not go to San Antonio on vacation nor should you under any circumstances move there ;)

This is a big action packed weekend because as you know I have over-scheduled myself. Tomorrow morning I will be up bright and early running errands and in the afternoon I will get the whole room decorating thing out of the way. I started washing all the 0-6 month clothing that I thus far I have gotten the dark colors done. People have been incredibly generous with new and used clothing so we have a total of 30 outfits and 15 onsies with dark colors and probably twice as much on the light side.

DH wanted to know why I haven't bought clothes with my own personal touch (was this really my dh asking me about why I didn't spend money???). I wanted to buy her a few things but it feels like being wasteful because she has so much clothes that she can only fit for 6 months. I have been buying stuff for the room and necessities like baby Tylenol instead of clothes and I only have like 10 basics left to buy like the breast pump, cloth diapers and swaddle blankets. Then after that I have "nice to haves," the stoller (yes, I consider it a luxury not a necessity, hehe!), the pack n play and books, that can wait until after we have settled our hospital bills. But he is right, so I am going to buy her a "coming-home" outfit on Monday.

The good news is that I am taking a day off on Monday to have some alone time at my favorite spa that may even lead to some shopping at one of my favorite stores...my alone time will have to be planned in the future so here is to my final carefree days :o) Hmm...maybe I should plan something with DH as well to celebrate our last days of DINKs (Double income, no kids).

1 comment:

vlagrl said...

DINKs! That's hysterical. If you have a couple extra bucks maybe the two of you could spend a night in the hotel you really like in jerz. The name escapes me, a mansion or something?

Shop on Diva....stroller not a necessity....hmmm....Zoe doesn't get to go to the park or go for walks unless she's in...oh clearly I don't have babies, that contraption where they are on your body lol!