Thursday, May 21, 2009

Top 10 reasons why I am not a suburbanite

Every so often my DH brings moving to Atlanta because in his mind it is the perfect place to live. He loves to go on about how we can get a bigger house for half of what we paid for our current house. I counter his argument with my refusal to move to the suburbs. While I appreciate visiting the suburbs, I currently do not see it as the place for me and I always give him my top 10 reasons why I am not moving to the suburbs:

10. I have never driven through any suburb and said to myself: “self, I can’t wait to live here!”
9. No homeless, hippies, bohemian, prostitutes, drag queens, winos, etc….just not enough diversity period!
8. It’s creepy quiet and dark at night.
7. This may be ATL specific but all the houses look the same…it’s like Stepford!
6. People are at the grocery store on a Saturday night
5. No cool Bars!
4. Too many women in track suits and clothing from Eileen Fisher or Chicos.
3. Trains stop running at 2am-I like knowing that I have a ride home no matter how much I party.
2. Career woman is spoken like a dirty word.
1. Too many people drive minivans-Nobody looks sexy in a minivan, nobody!

No comments: