Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Slow Cooker Chili Recipe

This weekend I had a post cinco de Mayo get together and everyone seemed to like my slow cooker chili. I cannot take credit for the recipe because I got it from my friend and former neighbor who is a much better cook that I. I made a few modifications of my own, so here you go:

Ingredients

2 lb ground beef

2 cans of kidney beans

2 cans of diced tomatoes (1 with mild Chile peppers)

½ onion chopped

3 garlic cloves crushed

2 tablespoons chili powder

2 teaspoons of pepper

2 teaspoons of salt

1 cup of pasta sauce (I use barillas marinara with roasted garlic)

Salsa Lizano

Spray oil

Mrs. Dash (any flavor will do)


Preparation:

Spray a large heavy skillet/pot with oil and heat on high heat. Sauté ground beef and onion stirring with a fork to break up clumps. Season beef with Mrs. Dash and salsa lizano (once across the pot will do). When all the pinkness and clumps are gone from the beef, turn off fire and set aside. Plug in slow cooker and set on low. Add beans, tomatoes, garlic, pasta sauce and ground beef. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix up ingredients really well and let it cook on low for 6 to 7 hours depending on your pot.


No comments: