Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rest in Peace Uncle Henry


My great uncle Henry went home to glory yesterday at 3am after a fight with stomach cancer. Henry is my grandmothers "one-brotha" as she likes to call him and he was 78 years old. My family is currently in discussion over whether he should be buried this weekend or if they will wait until Tuesday for my Mom and his sister to make it (he wanted to be buried Costa Rican style...the day after you die).
Tia Ana said that in this last week, he keep talking about my wedding and how happy it made him to attend. You see none of his children ever married and he thinks of me as his grand daugther. I am so glad that we were fortunate enough to have a wedding that was accessible to all who wanted to come. May DH and I get to have a 50 year love affair like Henry and Ana...I already got just the bottle of wine to celebrate if we make it that far!

2 comments:

LadyEboDiva said...

My prayers are with you and your family

vlagrl said...

I totally remember him. His energy was so positive. To a beautiful homecoming.

Hmmm 50 years means I'll be 76 about to be 77!!! WOWZA!