Monday, September 24, 2007

The stars are so not aligned

So today started off as a bad day...The salvation army was supposed to pick up some furniture from our old apartment between 8am and 10am so I got up early to make it there ontime. They did not get there until 1:30pm at which point I was already fustrated and upset because I really need every minute at work that I can get. Turns out that my dresser and table are not in good enough condition for them ( I think they just didn't want to take it downstairs!). So now I have to hire someone to take them apart and take them downstairs because Todd and I can't do it ourselves.

So I get to work and Todd calls me to ask about where is the nearest bank of America so that he can get money to tip the bed delivery guy (we are both bad about having cash on us). While Todd is out getting the money, the guys calls him with an attitude about needing to leave even though he himself was there late. So Todd gets upset and has some words with the guy and now he is not in a good mood (men don't take stress well at all!). So now I have a situation in North Bergen, a fustrated DFH at home, an electrical problem at home...makes me want to just go to happy hour and forgettaboutit...hehe!

But I didn't, instead I am still at work trying to play catch up and I called Lands End to track down one custom made shirt for the DFH (shirts at tux rental place are too short). When I leave here, I am going to run to Ikea to finish up some wedding shopping. I have already called 3 electricians to request a quote...1 is stopping by tomorrow at 5pm to do an estimate. I will get my to-do list wrapped up this week so that next week I will have time to tackle all that can and will go wrong.

So there you have it ladies...today was not our day but maybe stuff is supposed to go wrong the week before the wedding. No meltdowns here...I refuse to because this isn't even the busiest I have been in my life! There really is no reason why anything should overwhelm me because I always create these overwhelming situations and find a way out...I can't help it!

1 comment:

vlagrl said...

Ha! I have to laugh at DFH. I feel him though. Moving is stressful. I can't imagine putting getting married right on top of it. Just remember to give yourself a few moments of silent meditation or breathing everyday. A downward facing dog followed by a child pose might be extremely calming...