Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Why i started blogging again

After a 1 year hiatus I felt the need to start writing again for 3 reasons:

1)For my daughter. Should she decide to travel the path of being both a mom and a career woman, I want her to have the insight on my own roll and tumble years. Everyone is talking about the work-life balance challenge but concrete, actionable plans for handling it seem to fall in the quit or put your nose to the grindstone and survive or find a family friendly career ( teacher or nurse are perfectly good options I know but I wanted to be a Business Analyst!). I don't even know if "balance" exists or if it is like Santa Claus but I am trying to hold on to the notion that I can have both and be a sane person. And I am actively plotting how to make that happen. Even if I fail, I expect that she will learn from my failures and stand on my shoulders.

3) My experience may be of value to somebody somewhere. I have benefited from reading other people's blogs and stories. I hope by sharing my insight and stories I am contributing to the collective wisdom and paying it forward.

3)To figure things out and hold myself accountable! Writing is a great way to analyze your life and I do the best at meeting my goals when I tell everyone about them. I am currently lacking in the musing over my goals with friends department so the Internet will be audience until I miraculously free up more time in life.

1 comment:

LadyEboDiva said...

Hey DIVA!!!!

Happy to see u posting again! I will definitely be following ya!

The lil diva will grow up knpwing her mom is just FAB!! She can do it all... and admit its hard work doing it all.

Until next post!
Smooches, Ebo