Monday, March 15, 2010

Decorating continues and the countdown begins

This weekend I made an attempt at continuing to decorate my guest room. The only thing that is currently missing is pictures for the wall, the changing table and bookcase (dh wants is waiting for his dad to help him assemble...I could have done it by myself but I will try to play the helpless pregnant woman role on this one). I think the pictures for the wall will have to wait because I haven't found what I want yet. I did not want anything too fluffy in my house so I found these 2 inspiration rooms that are simple and modern:

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/nursery-tours/nursery-tour-baby-ms-modern-nursery-on-a-budget-044981

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/my-room/my-room-cameron-toronto-110798

Here is what it is shaping up like thus far-I put only newborn clothes in closed, the 3-6 month stuff is in the drawers and everything else is in the attic.































So in yoga class this week it looks like it's just me and another girl who are next. All of the 39 and 40 weeks ladies have delivered. I have started having the braxton hicks contractions in the middle of the night which manage to wake me up at 2 or 3 every morning for 15 minutes. It turns out that contractions are nothing but glorified cramps! All along I was expecting something dramatic like I can see my stomach actually "contracting" but that is just not the case. I used to have really bad cramps in my younger days so I have a repertoire of comfortable positions and I just drink water...hmm, I wonder why can't I just take Aleve and go back to sleep?

Dh asks me if I want to go to the hospital every time I get up and I tell him to go back to sleep because I have already verified with the doctor that unless I get 4 in 1 hour there is no need to make any phone calls. At any rate, despite his best intentions, there is nothing that he can really do for me...I know myself and I know that its all a mind-game when I am in pain and I don't want to talk. He seems a bit nervous, which is so weird because he has been cool through the whole thing (no teary eyes, no wanting to come along to every single Dr. appointment, thank God!!!). Fortunately, I am not nervous or worried at all; I have no idea where I got this confidence from but I 'got this.' I did start packing my bag this just in case and I had a talking to with Zoe so I am fully expecting for us to make it through the next 2 weeks ;)

5 comments:

vlagrl said...

I know Zoe is borrowing her room BUT I'm wondering, does it ever get to be called her room or always the guest room??

You did such a good job!!! It looks great.

You are so strong. I'll remember to call you if and when I have a little one.

(The links aren't working.)

NJDiva said...

ok, I fixed the links, thanks for telling me! She totally can call it her room for as long as she not too grown to live in my house...hehe!

LadyEboDiva said...

If Todd only knew we know all about his nerves. LOL LOL LOL!

He definitely plays it cool when we are around. The hospital room shall be interested!

ChingDiva said...

I feel that Todd is totally gonna cry when he meets baby Zoe.

chinleti said...

Hang in there girl!! I am glad that you are making it thus far and keeping strong! I am so lovin Zoe's little room...you are definitely the decorating Diva! I like the progress that you are making