Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2 years and still growing

Tomorrow is our 2 year anniversary! We decided that we will keep it simple; so our next anniversary trip will be to Italy in 2012 to celebrate 5 years if God spares us. In the spirit of keeping it simple and within budget, we are going to go to Bahama Breeze which was my favorite chain in Memphis and it has just opened up in Wayne. I have a card and since the 2nd anniversary is cotton, I will be looking for a cute t-shirt to give dh as a gift.

In other news, my Jeans have just been added to the list of things that I no longer find comfortable. It's only week 14 tomorrow and that list already includes: stockings, size M leggins, all of my gym pants except 1 pair! My belly doesn't seem big to me but because my jeans are not low rise they just don't work. I need to go to old navy and get some more gym pants because I really like to keep 2 outfits in my locker so that I have no excuses (it really does not take much for me to excuse myself out of the Gym!). I also went to the consignment shop to look for jeans but I did not like any of the ones in a size 8...I was wondering who wears this stuff! I am talking wide-leg cargo jeans....really? All the cute jeans were a size 2 or 4 :(

I have not been eating sweets the way I used to because they just end up being too sweet; I have 2 boxes of molten chocolate cake in my Freezer for a month and I have not looked at them!! So does this mean that my sweet tooth is cured? Maybe this is the secret of skinny people who don't diet....they don't have a sweet tooth! I never fully bought that high metabolism thing, now this is something that makes sense to me.

Perhaps my lack of sweet tooth is why I have not gained any weight in the last 2 weeks but I am pretty confident that I will gain 15 to 20 lbs in the next 26 weeks. Even the most neurotic women who diet while pregnant still manage to gain 15 lbs! Thanksgiving and christmas are coming up...i gain 5 lbs during that 1 month every year, guaranteed. In addition, I have been getting plenty of carbs and protein: meals with triple carbs (corn on the cub, rice and beans!), beef like 2-3 per week, oatmeal, milk and yogurt everyday, whole eggs a few times per week and bread with cheese and butter or avocado everyday (fat is finally my friend!). DH says that I don't eat any junk food and that's why I don't gain weight...does he want a baby made out of doritos and twinkies?!?

2 comments:

ChingDiva said...

I swear your posts crack me up! Congrats you guys made it to two years.

vlagrl said...

LOL LOL!!! A baby made of doritos! You are too much. It's so interesting you aren't gaining any weight but eating every 2-3 hours. Maybe thats the trick for your body?? As long as you gain soon we I won't talk bad about you!