Thursday, March 1, 2007

The wedding dress that got away

So I went to Kleinfeld's today accompanied by Ebony and Thalia. It was a fun shopping experience and nobody was mean to me, yeay! I found a dress that absolutely love and will haunt me for a really long time:
Honestly, this dress doesn't look that great in this picutre and I wouldn't have even thought about trying it on...but oh, it looks amazing on!
Anywho, it doesn't cost a crazy amount of money but just enough to torture me at $5200 + tax +$575 for alterations. I wish the lady would have said $10,000 or $15,000 because I would just shrug it off and kept on moving. But nooooo, she had to give me this amount that can actually fit on my Amex but will be painful to pay off (y'all know how I feel about credit card balances). I could think of a million things to do with 6 grand like get a the photographer at figtree or a dream honeymoon...still it doesn't make it feel any better right now but I will eventually get over it. Damn you wedding industry for putting me through this!!!
The funny thing is that I really didn't care too much about the dress up until that very moment. Like I would have gotten something that I was okay with and that's that. Btw, I did check on E-bay for it and looked to see if I could rent it...no such luck. I am sure I will find something to wear to my wedding and I will just splurge on a great pair of shoes to cheer me up.
"Happiness is not getting what you want but wanting what you have"
-Rabbi Schachtel

1 comment:

LadyEboDiva said...

But that dress looked AMAZING on you. Why can't we roll in the dough....Hehehe!! I'm keepin my eye out for it though...hey it might fall off a truck.